Eligibilities Granted under Special Laws and CSC Issuances

Basic Qualifications

Anchored on Sec. 3 and Sec. 6, Rule II of the Omnibus Rules Implementing Book V of Executive Order No. 292 (The Revised Administrative Code of 1987), an applicant for any type of eligibility granted under special laws and CSC issuances must meet the following basic qualifications:

A. Citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
B. At least 18 years of age at the time of application;
C. Has not been found guilty of crime involving moral turpitude or of infamous, disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
D. Has not been previously found guilty of offenses relative to, or in connection with the conduct of a civil service examination; and
E. Has not been dismissed from the service for cause.

The career service examination is not the be-all and end-all of acquiring civil service eligibility. Do you know that the CSC also grants eligibilities other than the Career Service Professional and Sub-Professional eligibilities? You can acquire a civil service eligibility even without taking the Career Service Examination. The CSC for some time now has been granting eleven (11) different eligibilities under special laws to qualified individuals. You may be qualified for the grant of any of these eligibilities.

1. Bar/Board Eligibility (RA1080)

Bar and Board Eligibility are pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 1080. Automatically granted to passers of bar examination conducted by the Supreme Court and of licensure board examinations administered by the Professional Regulation Commission.

2. Barangay Health Worker Eligibility (RA7883)

Barangay Health Worker Eligibility is granted pursuant to R.A. No. 7883, dated February 20, 1995, otherwise known as the “Barangay Health Workers Benefits and Incentives Act of 1995”, and implemented through CSC Resolution No. 992845 dated December 29, 1999.

It shall be granted to Local Health Board-accredited barangay health worker who has completed at least two (2) years of college education leading to a college degree and has voluntarily rendered at least five (5) years of continuous active and satisfactory service as an accredited BHW to the community. Services rendered prior to February 20, 1995, or the date of approval of RA No. 7883 shall not be counted for purposes of the grant.

3. Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility (PD1569)

Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility (BNSE) is granted pursuant to P.D. No. 1569, dated June 11, 1978, titled “Strengthening the Barangay Nutrition Program by Providing for a Barangay Nutrition Scholar in Every Barangay, Providing Funds Therefor, and for Other Purposes”.

It shall be granted to barangay-based volunteer workers for rendering at least two (2) years of continuous and satisfactory nutrition services and other related activities, such as community health, backyard food production, environmental sanitation, culture, mental feeding, and family planning to the barangay.

BNS who have been hired by agencies under Job Order status and/or Contract of Service may still avail of/qualify for the grant of BNSE.

4. Barangay Official Eligibility (RA 7160)

Barangay Official Eligibility (BOE) is granted pursuant to Republic Act (R.A.) No. 7160, dated October 10, 1991, otherwise known as the “Local Government Code of 1991”.

It shall be conferred on Barangay Captain, Sangguniang Barangay members, Sangguniang Kabataan Chairmen, Barangay Officials: Barangay Treasurers, and Barangay Secretaries appointed by the duly appointed Barangay Chairman.

5. Electronic Data Processing Specialist Eligibility (CSC Res. 90-083)

Electronic Data Processing Specialist Eligibility (EDPSE) is granted pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 90-083 dated January 22, 1990.

It shall be conferred on passers of the proficiency test, or training course conducted by the Information and Communications Technology Office [ICTO] (formerly National Computer Center) on the following: Systems Analysis and Design; and Computer Programming courses of: Java, MS Access, or Visual Basic.

6. Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (CSC Res. 1302714)

Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE) is granted pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 1302714 promulgated on December 17, 2013.

It shall be conferred on Filipino citizens who graduated summa cum laude,  magna cum laude, cum laude, or its equivalent in their baccalaureate degree beginning school year 1972-1973 from a reputable foreign school as verified by the DFA, through the Philippine Foreign Service Posts.

7. Honor Graduate Eligibility (PD907)

Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE) is granted pursuant to Presidential Decree (P.D.) No. 907, dated March 11, 1976, titled “Granting Civil Service Eligibility to College Honor Graduates”.

It shall be conferred to those who graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude, in their baccalaureate degree.

8. Sanggunian Member Eligibility (RA 10156)

Sanggunian Member Eligibility (SME) is granted pursuant to Republic Act (R.A.) No. 10156, dated December 20, 2011, otherwise known as the “An Act Conferring upon Members of the Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sangguniang Panlalawigan, the Appropriate Civil Service Eligibility under Certain Circumstances, and for Other Purposes”.

It shall be conferred on Sanggunian Members, who have been elected after the effectivity of the Local Government Code of 1991 (RA 7160) or on May 11, 1992 onwards: vice mayor, as presiding officer for the Sangguniang Bayan or Sangguniang Panlungsod; vice governor, as presiding officer for the Sangguniang Panlalawigan; and regular Sanggunian Members of the Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sangguniang Panlalawigan.

9. Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility (PD 997)

The STSE is conferred on a Science and Technology Specialist who has at least a Bachelor’s degree in areas enumerated in Section 1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD No. 997 (Revised 2009) and who meets any of the following additional requirements: at least three (3) years of continuous experience in research and/or teaching in the pertinent field, which may include specialized training in research, or teaching experience at the college level in one’s major field or field of specialization, or completion of a patented invention; or has earned a master’s or doctorate degree in any of the fields of study enumerated under Section 1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD No. 997 (Revised 2009) from a school recognized by the Commission on Higher Education at the time of filing of application.

10. Skills Eligibility – Category II (CSC MC 11, s. 1996, as Amended)

The various skills eligibilities under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, are granted to individuals who meet the requirements of positions, qualifications for which are not measurable by written tests, such as plant electrician, automotive mechanic, heavy equipment operator, laboratory technician, shrine curator, carpenter, draftsman, plumber, and others.

11. Veteran Preference Rating (EO 132/790)

The Veteran Preference Rating Eligibility (VPRE) is granted under Executive Order (EO) No. 132, s. 1948 and EO No. 790 dated April 3, 1982.

Any of the following individuals, in the alternative, is qualified to avail of the VPRE:

the veteran himself/herself; or the veteran’s spouse; or any one of the veteran’s children.

Basic Requirements

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: (shall apply to all types of eligibility granted under special laws and CSC issuances)

1. Properly accomplished Application Form (CS Form 101- A/B/C/D/E/G/H/I/J/K)

2. Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with the following specifications:

  • Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches);
  • Colored with white background;
  • Printed on good quality photo paper;
  • Taken within three (3) months prior to filing application;
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera;
  • Showing left and right ears;
  • With neutral expression and both eyes open;
  • In bare face (with no eyeglasses/colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover facial features; facial features not computer-enhanced);
  • In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin); and
  • With HANDWRITTEN (not computer generated) name tag legibly showing SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name and Extension Name, if any (e.g. PETER S. CRUZ JR).

3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application), and contains the name, clear picture, date of birth and signature of applicant, and the name and signature of the issuing agency’s current head/authorized representative: Current Office/Company I.D., GSIS ID, PhilHealth ID (ATM Type), School ID (must be duly validated for the current school year), SSS I.D., Voter’s I.D., Passport, PRC License, Postal I.D., BIR I.D., Driver’s License, Barangay I.D. and Police Clearance (with picture).
N.B.: Any other I.D. card NOT included in the above list shall NOT be accepted. Alumni, association, membership, and health I.D.s, including ATM cards, shall NOT be accepted.

4. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the Phlippine Statistics Authority (PSA); N.B.: In case where the PSA Birth Certificate is not legible or the PSA has duly issued a negative certification of birth (PSA CRS Form No. 1) printed in PSA security form, the applicant shall, in addition, submit the original and photocopy of his/her PSA birth certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).

5. For female married applicants, original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate authenticated/issued by the PSA; N.B.: In case where the PSA authenticated Marriage Certificate is not legible, the applicant shall, in addition, submit the original and photocopy of her Marriage Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the LCR.

6. Certification of No Pending Case/Non-Conviction of Any Offense (CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012)

7. If the application is filed through a representative:

  • Authorization letter or SPA executed by the applicant; and
  • Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative, as listed under Item No. 3 above.

Courtesy: Civil Service Commission Official Website

Exam Updates

To keep updated on the official results and other updates regarding the conduct of the Career Service Exam – Pen and Paper Test (CSE-PPT) this year, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC’s official website, follow us on our social media pages:

Facebook Pages:

Facebook Groups


The information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only. While we make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. (Read Full Disclaimer)


If you have any thoughts or reactions to this story, please leave them in the comment section below.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates! 

54 Comments. Leave new

  • Ian rey tadlas
    March 5, 2023 1:14 pm

    Plumber po ako sa Saudi mag apply sana ako ng csc exempted… Saan ako pupunta?

  • Steve Francis Salvador
    March 5, 2023 1:14 pm

    Sk member po ako. Makakakuha po ba kami ng ID ng CSC.

  • how about a graduate of bachelor of science in information technology are they exempted to take the civil service exam?

  • Ilang taon bah na experience as a plumber kailangan para makakuha ng csc eligibility?thank you,good day and god bless.

  • Regarding po sa HGE qualifiers, may limit lang po ba sa Salary Grade na pwede nilang makuha? Salamat! God bless

  • Duke's Eatery
    March 5, 2023 1:39 pm

    hi my name is chester duke pacayo bruegas im finish and diploma computer electronics technology id like to confirm if i be exemption for civil.service

  • Carmela B. Martinez
    March 5, 2023 1:42 pm

    Pano po mag apply isang brgy.official

  • Roilan G. Solis
    March 5, 2023 1:55 pm

    Isa po akong Sk Chairman sa aming barangay salamat po sa impormasyong ito🥰 paano po makakuha ng katunayan na exemted ako/kami sa exams? Salamat po

  • Avegail Joria
    March 5, 2023 2:00 pm

    Ano Po requirements?For SK official?thanks

  • Diosabel U. Opulencia
    March 5, 2023 2:03 pm

    Ako po ay 15 years ng JO sa local government data encoder po ang trabaho nabasa pag pasado ka Computer Programming eh puede maging eligibility meron po akong certicate from San Pablo Colleges computer course isa po na meron course computer programming puede po ba iyon gamotin ko po thanks po.

    • Bernadette cadabuna
      March 6, 2023 11:28 am

      Paano ko po magamit as eligibility yung, carpentry, draftsman and plumber ko. Kasi nung time na i convert ko sya as eligibility, ang sabi po sa csc office is hndi na pwede i convert nag end noong 2013… Thankyou

    • monica tagalog
      March 9, 2024 1:56 pm

      Hello po. Pwde po ba sk kagawad po.salamat

  • Kahar Dondok
    March 5, 2023 2:11 pm

    Hopefully pati sanguniang kabataan officials and SK treasurer and secretary at Meron din

  • Joy Guevarra
    March 5, 2023 2:13 pm

    Dapat po ba ay nakailang term bilang KONSIHAL para ma exempted sa civil service?

  • Mark Jason Fabriquel
    March 5, 2023 2:17 pm

    Sana meron din pong exemption para sa mga may NC2 tulad ng Computer System Serving 6 years computer maintenance po ako at skilled

    March 5, 2023 2:26 pm

    Kahit po bah sk kagawad? Or sk chairman lang?

    March 5, 2023 2:26 pm

    First sk kagawad po ako before year 2010, considered po ba maam/Sir?

    March 5, 2023 2:28 pm

    I was once a barangay councilor way back 2011-2013 for 2 years. I did not finish my term. Do I still qualify for the exemption of the Civil service ?

    • How about Sk Kagawad po? Pwede po bang kumuha ng Certificate Ng CSC? Or sk chairman lng?Salamat po

  • Eugene Hernandez
    March 5, 2023 2:30 pm

    Sk members po ba ay exempted din po ba sa nasabing Civil Service exam

  • Karen Curiba
    March 5, 2023 2:34 pm

    If brgy secretary how to avail the eligibility po? Plan to apply using the sub prof. eligibility. Thanks

  • Brian Aquino
    March 5, 2023 2:47 pm

    Kasali ba sa exemption ang mga electricians?

  • Bernadette cadabuna
    March 5, 2023 3:11 pm

    Kahit po hndi na convert into eligibility pasok padin po ba as eligibility ang carpenter, plumber, and draftsman?… Kasi sinabi po sakin nung time n magpa convert ako ng eligibility sa csc office n hndi na sya pwede… Thankyou po sa reply

  • Rosavel Eliponeo
    March 5, 2023 3:15 pm

    Paano po mag aply ng civil service?ako po ay Barangay officials.Brgy treasurer

  • Jovelyn Abanis
    March 5, 2023 3:29 pm

    6 years in service bhw po ako,,ano po kaya ang requirements para mging eligible ako for finding a job

  • isa po ako skill worker as electrical installation maintenance. may nahional certificate din po ako as NCII … apat na taon ako naga trabaho sa abroad as electrixal

  • Nikka Mae Creo
    March 5, 2023 10:12 pm

    Pag SK Kagawad po ba exempted din po ba?

  • Roselyn P. Dagno
    March 5, 2023 11:59 pm

    ano po ang mga Requirements sa BNS, isa po akong BNS sa Cebu Province.

  • Ma. Eleanor Cantonjos
    March 6, 2023 1:22 am

    Interested for applying civil service

  • Anna liza Canoy
    March 6, 2023 6:07 am

    Ang 2 kursong yong natapus po mam . Hindi poba qualified. Sana puede rin.

  • NC11 Holder po carpentry ako. Paano po apply

  • How about kming mga brgy clerk,6yrs na
    😔😔 Sana naisali din…😔😔

  • Alice Religioso
    March 11, 2023 10:21 am

    Ang appointed Sk Secretary po for 6 years exempted po ba? Salamat po sa pagtugon.

    March 14, 2023 4:17 am

    Hello po Ma’am/Sir. Question lang po kung mayroong guidelines po ba na ang mga Civil Service Passer (Professional Level) entitled po maglagay ng Title na “CSE” sa dulo ng pangalan? Salamat po

  • Joe Sizar Paz Brusas
    March 16, 2023 4:51 pm

    Exempted na po ba ang sk kagawad top notcher for csc exam?

  • Sana naman Yung mga students Ng Public Administration exempted nadin.

  • John Hayden Luzon
    March 16, 2023 5:40 pm

    Paano makukuha ang csc eligibility Heavy Equipment Operator po ako

    March 17, 2023 4:02 am

    Sa mga computer courses?so exempted IT course graduated?

  • Tammy L. Moro
    March 17, 2023 10:28 am

    Makakakuha po ba ng CSC id yung mga naka excepted? saan at pano. Please give as the details. Thank you

  • BSCS po ako. Exempted din po ba un?

    March 29, 2023 9:12 am

    As a Barangay Secretary ask lang po kong anong klasing CSE ba na ma excempted? Sub prof or prof??

  • Alvie T. Gontiñas
    March 29, 2023 11:06 am

    BHW po ako ng 12 years po at high school grad lng po ako at paano po ako makakuha ng civil service certifecate,at nagtatrabahobpovako sa kasalukuyan sa aming munisipyo gusto ko po maka avail ng csc certifecate,maraming salamt po god bless

  • marvin balinwang
    March 29, 2023 11:16 am

    heavy equipment operator and mechanic how to avail this?

  • josonvon kym Carabeo
    March 29, 2023 11:33 am

    Pwede po ba convert to csc professional level ang BSIT course with passing CISCO TEST?

  • Cherry Dorado
    March 30, 2023 1:12 pm

    Ako po ay naging isang sk kagawad sa aming brgy. How to avail eligibility?..

  • Joemar Saño
    April 1, 2023 11:39 pm

    paano po ang mga maraming trainings na sinalihan po exempted din po ba? Like sa creative web design na training its all about computer din po yun.

  • Does your site have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but,
    I’d like to send you an email. I’ve got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it
    grow over time.

    Here is my blog post White label merchant services

  • Mary Ann Montejo
    August 14, 2023 1:31 pm

    Can i still get my BOE in csc kasi last 2002-2007 pa po un medyo matagal na po,, can u help me…pls..

  • Asrapia Said
    March 5, 2024 2:35 pm

    Hindi po ba kasali ang Sanggunian kabataan members also known as SK kagawad sa BOE(Barangay Official Eligibility)? Sana may sumagot po❤️ Thanks.

  • Jovan Malda
    March 6, 2024 6:44 am

    Ung Lupon po …dpo ba exempted
    Salamat PO sa sasagot..

  • Renato E. Judilla
    March 6, 2024 9:00 am

    Ako po more than 10 years as persons with disability officer. Pwede po ba ako mag apply ng admin aid, utility or plantilla position kahit walang CS eligibility dahil hindi po ako pinalad limang beses na ako nag take.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed